Sunday, February 16, 2014

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!






This is what most people associate Valentine's Day with....and I used to....I absolutely LOVE sweets!!!!  This year was a bit different.  Not only am I in prep mode for my first NPC Bikini Competition of the year, but I also have a completely different outlook when it comes to my nutrition.  I am changing the way I eat and what I eat all the time to be more healthy.  I've cut out so much of the processed just already...I'm buying organic and unprocessed groceries as much as possible and trying out healthier recipes.  That being known, my boyfriend was smart and chose Candle 79 for our Valentine's Day dinner.  


 

It's an organic vegetarian/vegan restaurant on the upper east side.  Neither one of us are a vegetarian/vegan but EVERY review we read had nothing but great things to say.  And I especially love the fact that it was organic :)  It was super packed so we ended up waiting a bit longer than our reservation time but I think it was well worth the wait!!

Here is the 4 course prix fixe menu they offered...


and everything we ordered....


Special Extra Appetizer...
Don't remember what this was called but OMG it was good!

SAFFRON RAVIOLI

HERB-GRILLED ARTICHOKES

VEGETABLE TORTILLA SOUP

 STUFFED AVOCADO SALAD

VEGETABLE-TEMPEH CAKE

ANCHO-CHILI-GRILLED SEITAN

ESPRESSO

TRIO OF DOUGHNUTS

BROWNIE SUNDAE



Everything was delicious!  I would love to go check out their other location Candle Cafe which is more of a casual setting.  













No comments:

Post a Comment