Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Post Show Thoughts



It's about time I write this post don't you think???  It's been some time since my competition but it feels like much longer!  I definitely felt the post-competition 'blues' and still am a bit.  I couldn't get back into my prep routine for days!  I didn't have a set plan (despite the warnings I read about not having one :-x ), I thought I would be able to just eat clean knowing that I had to get back into competition mode.  That did not quite happen...I indulged way more than I should have and I'll leave it at that.  I wish that I had someone close to me who was involved in competitions or who had the same lifestyle to kick me back into gear!!  I think it was good that I experienced this feeling of no control though so that I can better be prepared for next time.




So just in case you are not following me elsewhere...here is a **LINK** to pictures that were taken by Rx Muscle.  I also have some posted on my Facebook page **HERE** with a few more I have yet to post!


I definitely recommend having someone with you the entire day of your first show.  I got my 3rd coat of tan that morning then went to my makeup appointment.  I was so calm at both.  Then I was waiting in the venue for check-in and as soon as other competitors began to arrive I was a nervous wreck!!!!  And forgetting my headphones was the worst thing I could have done.  I couldn't find any way to calm myself.  The lack of air conditioning didn't help either...the hotter I felt the more nervous I got about ruining my tan.  Once I was checked in, the meeting was over and we went back stage I felt much better.  I hung out with the other competitor that my coach had trained and that helped a bunch since this was her first show also!









No comments:

Post a Comment