Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Years Resolutions





So it's January first and i'm sure everyone has probably been asked "What's your New Year Resolution??" at least once this past month.  But have you really thought about what you want to change?  Or what goals you want to achieve?  

I know I have been guilty of setting a 'New Year Resolution' and carelessly giving up along with the majority of the world before the first month has passed.  Until this past year (2013 :-p) I've never actually sat down and made a list of what I wanted to accomplish in my life.  I never made a list of life goals or though of how I could possibly make them a reality.


No matter what goal you set it's not going to happen unless you make it happen.  You have to put in the hard work and effort consistently...no one else is going to do it or push you to do it.  And goals are shit unless you have a solid plan of action.




Goal setting is not just about setting one goal...it is setting a goals plus a plan filled with smaller goals.  That being said...I've been reviewing my life all year, thinking about what I want out of life and the direction I want to go.  I set a couple of my goals months ago and began working immediately towards them.  Since then I have added to them and adjusted my plan of action.  


I do not want to just coast through life.  I want to be truly happy and enjoy everything that I do.  I know that in order for that happen I need to change some things in my life.  

First off I need to change myself.  I posted previously a blog called "Are You Mentally Tough Enough?".  I want to have a more positive outlook on life...and i'm sure you've seen this quote many times like I have..."You can't live a positive life with a negative mind".  

Second, I don't want to worry about money anymore.  Which means I need to change my spending habits.  Cut back on the careless spending even when it's a $5 purchase here or a $20 purchase there...it all adds up!  I want to increase my savings and be stress free when it comes to finances.


Now that those are out of the way let's get to the fitness/lifestyle/career goals!  Some of these are my larger goals and some are the smaller goals I set in order to achieve them.  In no particular order....

1. Become a sponsored NPC bikini competitor.

2. Consistently improve my physique with each competition
3. Place 1st in a competition
4.  Meet local competitors to network with
5. More photo shoots
6. Updates my blog at least once a week
7. Finish my recipe Ebook
8. Take ever opportunity I am given 
9.
10.
11.


I am leaving this open to add more...So anyways, Day 1 is not going as I thought it would.  I let my unplanned eating carry over it to today and of course I feel horrible and depressed....just complete shit.  Which is why I am finishing this post.  Hopefully it will motivate me to get off my ass and think about my plan!!  Good luck with your goals this year and remember to revisit them often to hold yourself accountable!!









No comments:

Post a Comment