Saturday, February 23, 2013

The Snowflake Run



Don't worry everyone...waking up at 9:33 for a 9:00 race was just a cruel nightmare!  Despite my sleep being disrupted at 3:46 AM, I woke up and made it to Long Beach with time to spare :)  I was very happy with how I ran.  I finished 4th out of my age group and 74th overall (out of 361!).  I was in shock when I came to the first mile marker.  Not because of the freezing wind, but because of the time I saw on the clock, 7:40.  Really?!?!  I didn't know I was capable of running a mile in that time.  This just proves that running on a treadmill is completely different than running outdoors.  And that the machines don't necessarily tell you the most accurate information.



Of course I have some pictures to share...








Waiting until the last minute to get out of the car...the sky looked like it was ready to open up on us but no snow for the Snowflake Run.  Luckily the rain waited until the race was over :)












FINISHED!  
I am  very happy with my results but still a little disappointed that I didn't get into the top 3!  That being said, I'll be adding something new to my Goal List.  My dad told me "you'll only get better with time" :)  Persistence and dedication pay off...the results along the way are worth everything you put in!

Final Time: 31:08








I love my growing collection of race shirts!


Time to rest up for the next race....which is tomorrow!  A 3 mile fun run being hosted by Runner's Edge who just happens to be having a Winter Sale on their clothing :)  WIN-WIN    Hopefully the weather forecast for tomorrow is wrong and it doesn't rain!!

Come back tomorrow to find out how I did!!


"Success isn't how far you got, but the distance you traveled from where you started."

No comments:

Post a Comment